From: Iain.Hanson_at_[hidden]
Date: 2002-03-01 10:51:07

     Sorry, I sent this privately when I meant to send it to the list.

     /ikh

Subject: RE: [boost] Re: sockets Interface for address class
Author: Iain Hanson at ln,c,london,it
Date: 01/03/02 14:51

I think I was suffering from brain fade. I've removed the explicit and I'll
update the interface in the files socket2/address.html

/ikh

Author: jonkalb (jonkalb_at_[hidden]) at unix,mime
Date: 28/02/02 21:41

I think I must be missing something.

It is my understanding that the explicit keyword prevents the
constructor from being used as a conversion operator which would, in
this case, allow any string to be implicitly converted into an address.

Since a two parameter constructor cannot be used as a conversion
operator, I don't see why any such constructor would be designated
explicit.

Are you saying that the explicit keyword has some effect on how
parameters to the constructor are treated?