From: Iain.Hanson_at_[hidden]
Date: 2002-03-01 12:42:40

Ahhh. Now I think I understand where the confusion is comming from. The
requirements state that we need to restrict ourselves to the network and
transport layers and not go off into http and ftp.

I have no desire to go against this requirements but IP is not the only network
layer protocol that is supported by the C sockets API.

I would like to reproduce, as much as possible, of the genericity of the C
sockets API with type saftey and without some of the redunancy.

/ikh