From: Harold Howe [TeamB] (hhowe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-02 11:22:52

I have managed to compile Boost regex with BCB6. This required tweaking three header
files and making a new makefile for BCB6. I have posted a summary of my changes at:

http://www.bcbdev.com/articles/boostregex.htm

The modified files are available in the following zip file.

http://www.bcbdev.com/ftp/source/boostregex.zip

Of the changes I made, the one with the most far reaching impact was probably the
change to boost\config\stdlib\stlport.hpp. This change could affect other libraries.
I have not tested whether this change breaks any of the other libraries or not. I
think that my change will help them as well, but you never know.

Also note that I created a makefile just for the regex library. I have not been able
to get boost.build or jam to work successfully with BCB6, but I haven't tried since
making these changes.

Lastly, I put a comment with the string "HJH Note" in two of the HPP files that I
changed. If anyone wants to incorporate my changes into Boost, there is no need to
keep these self gratifying comments.

If anyone thinks I have made a mistake in my changes, please let me know.

Harold Howe
hhowe_at_[hidden]