From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-03 16:54:46

rameysb wrote:
> I have just uploaded my proposal for a boost library to address
> saving and restoring of C++ objects. I refer to this as
> serialization.

There's a bunch of persistence/serialization libraries for C++
out there. Try "C++ persistence" in your favourite web
search engine. Someone ought to sift through them whether
there's some good idea we're missing.

Please also have a look at the older serialization threads in this
mailing list, in particular there's a rather complete solution
outside of boost, mentioned several times here. (I can't remember
the name at the moment.) What's the difference between your
proposal and that library?

Jens Maurer