From: markus_schoepflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-04 04:55:20

--- In boost_at_y..., John Maddock <John_Maddock_at_c...> wrote:

> >BOOST_NO_USING_TEMPLATE is defined for MSVC, so I can reuse this
> >macro. The documentation for the macro should be updated in this
case.

> Yes, will do.

Thanks.

> >What do you think about the other macros?
>
> OK but does your workaround actually work - I was under the
impression that
> anything like:
>
> namespace whatever{
> using std::ctype;
> typedef ctype<char> ct;
> }
>
> would fail on MSVC?

It works for me using MSVC6SP5 and STLport in wrapper mode for both
version 4.0 and version 4.5. It enables me to make the new format
library work for my configuration. And I think there are other boost
libs that could use this workaround.

I can send you a patch for stlport.hpp, if you like.

> - John Maddock
> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/john_maddock/

Markus