From: cartersanders (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-04 07:12:26

Hi-
  I'm new to boost and have just finished building a shared library of real
 (non example) code for the first time. The code compiles and links
succesfully with libboost_python, but when I try to import the module, I
get:

>>> import RandomEngine.so
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: ./RandomEngine.so: undefined symbol: _ZdlPv

 $ nm RandomEngine.so|grep _ZdlPv
         U _ZdlPv

This is one file of a very large physics library, and the .o is bundled with
several others to make a .a library. Is there any way I can do a
successful import of a single class from one file to make sure I am
doing this right?

I really want to be able to knock this out one file at a time, confirming I
am getting it right.

Thanks-
  Carter