From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-05 21:19:38

Another forwarded message
-------

Greetings,

I've got a project in which I need to provide my own C++ datamodel an
extention to Python, but I also want to have access to this extention
from within a Python interpreter embedded in my program. I also want
Python and C++ to modify the same datamodel within the same program.
So far, I've gotten the Python interpreter embedded within the
program, and I've also created a Boost:Python .so file to import into
Python. It works if I use the command-line console, but if I use the
embedded console, it fails an assert (!find_class(class_name)) when it
tries to import. What am I missing? I've tried to look at the Python
docs to do this, but as many of you know, the Python API docs are
limited in their explanation.

Thanks,

--Kevin Killingsworth