From: bill_kempf (williamkempf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-06 10:33:06

--- In boost_at_y..., "David Abrahams" <david.abrahams_at_r...> wrote:

> [...]

See PRB: Q172396. It's a real problem, but only with certain
containers and vector, list and string, AFAIK, aren't prone to this
problem. As someone else pointed out, there are patches (if you can
apply them... we couldn't) and it is an issue related only to the STL
shipped with VC5/6. If you can't apply the patches you can purchase
the update from Dinkumware, switch to STLPort, or even switch to VC7.

Bill Kempf