From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-07 09:24:04

Yes, that would be very useful. Search the message archives for
"unlimited precision", and you'll find some discussion. I think nobody
pursued it because they weren't willing to figure out how to make a
truly efficient implementation. The simple-minded approaches do lots
more work than neccessary.

-Dave