From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-07 21:07:15

----- Original Message -----
From: "vesa_karvonen" <vesa_karvonen_at_[hidden]>

> --- In boost_at_y..., "Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_m...> wrote:
> > From: "vesa_karvonen" <vesa_karvonen_at_h...>
> > > I don't know what Peter Dimov has in mind, but it would be
> > > interesting to see Boost.Bind implemented using the preprocessor
> > > library. Unfortunately I currently don't have the extra time
> > > to do it.
> >
> > It would be interesting, sure. But I suspect that the result would
> > be hard to maintain, at least for me. It ain't broken, so...
>
> Aside from EDG and other troublesome preprocessors what do you
> suspect would make the result hard to maintain?

The PP library documentation is still really hard to use. For example,
Just look at the docs for BOOST_PP_LIST_FOR_EACH_I. If you don't know
anything about the library, how many other pages do you have to look at
in order to be able to understand how to use it? Even getting started
with elementary examples took me a very long time. This makes code using
the PP library hard to maintain.

-Dave