From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-08 17:43:12

----- Original Message -----
From: "rwgk" <rwgk_at_[hidden]>

> That sounds ideal (and I believe is very similar to what
> David is advocating), but I am having difficulties to see
> how it can be implemented in an easy-to-use way (and in a
> way that does not interfere with the existing interface,
> using a mechanism that can be understood and implemented by
> programmers with less than 5+ years of full-time C++
> development experience).

Implementing standard containers is not a job for inexperienced
developers. Whether or not that's a problem is open to debate, but even
if we agree that it is a problem, there are enough other subtleties
involved with the standard containers that we're not going to solve it
by choosing the right approach to initialization.

-Dave