From: Damien Fisher (damien_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-10 16:56:46

On Sat, 9 Mar 2002, Jeff Garland wrote:

> The default rounding mode selection by macro is odd to me. I would much rather
> see the policy-based template implementation you reject later in the paper. To
> me one additional template parameter is much easier to understand for the user
> than a 'macro' parameter. I would be fine with having to 'cast' decimals with
> different rounding modes to a compatible type to perform operations.

While I haven't looked at this submission, if this hasn't changed since
Bill's last submission, I have big problems with this too. It seems to me
that using a macro could very easily lead to violations of the ODR. Plus,
it just isn't very C++-ish :).

(Sorry if this is a different issue in this submission)

Damien