From: rwgk (rwgk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-11 18:31:03

--- In boost_at_y..., Toon Knapen <toon.knapen_at_s...> wrote:
> The std::complex discussion started out with discussing if
std::complex
> should be a POD (Dave had some great discussion with an EDG guy but
the
> archives are not active anymore, move to mailman I guess).

I am currently working on a proposal (under the supervision
of David Abrahams :-). The main idea is to leave the POD
concept alone and introduce an additional "Enanced POD"
concept that would apply to std::complex. As soon as the
proposal is in a more presentable state I will let you know
where it is.
Regarding the uninitialized_flag discussion, I am going
for the implementation that disguises the prime motivation ;-)
Apart from the do-the-right-thing clause it is actually
very elegant and has some additional benefits (I think
I might even be able to get rid of my set_size_back_door
if you followed that discussion).
Ralf