From: Steve M. Robbins (steven.robbins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-13 11:34:46

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 12:25:43AM -0000, simonwlb wrote:
> I managed to build boost under Windows. As a Windows programmer, it
> was easy. Now I need to build it under Linux, and the hours are
> rolling by without any success. But then, I'm a complete newbie to
> Linux.

> If it's any help, it's a Debian Linux,

Debian linux has pre-build boost packages! So if you just want to
_use_ boost, then you can just install one or more of:

Package: libboost-dev
Package: libboost-examples
Package: libboost-regex1.27
Package: libboost-regex-dev
Package: libboost-python1.27
Package: libboost-python-dev
Package: libboost-graph1.27
Package: libboost-graph-dev

If you are using "unstable" (aka "sid"), then it is a simple
matter of "apt-get install ...". If you are using "testing"
(aka "woody"), then you can use the packages, but you'll have
to get them by hand from packages.debian.org. If you're using
"stable" (aka "potato"), you are probably out of luck.

Cheers,
-Steve

--
by Rocket to the Moon,