From: Jeremy Siek (jsiek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-16 00:32:02

I am in favor of accepting the Lambda Library into Boost.

I have read through the documentation, and used earlier versions of the
lambda library. I have read through much of the code for earlier versions
of the library.

The LL would be a nice addition to Boost. It is handy in all kinds of
situations, and fits in nicely with the STL algorithms, making them easier
to use. If only lambda's were directly supported in the language :) There
are some ways in which the LL is a bit clunky and error prone, but it is
the best we can do.

The documentation, design, and implementation are all solid. There's the
controversial point about how LL is more strict about the number of
arguments to a functor than is Boost.Bind, and how the arity is determined
is different from Boost.Bind. FWIW, I'm in favor of the LL approach.

Cheers,
Jeremy