From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-18 19:56:40

When you get this message, it means the Boost mailing list is now active at
a new host (courtesy of the Open Systems Lab at Indiana University).

New email address for posting: boost_at_[hidden]

The web page for users is:

All current Boost members have been subscribed to the new list. If you
received digests from YahooGroups, you should still get posting that
way. Everyone else has been set up to receive individule postings by
email. These were the only two options open to us for bulk subscriptions,
but other subscription options are available via the above link. At the
bottom of that page, enter your email address, then click on "Edit
Options".

It looks like the bulk subscription process created a password for each
subscriber. One of the choices on the web page you reach via "Edit Options"
is a button "Email my password to me". It has the obvious effect.

The list archives should be available at
http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/ (That doesn't seem to be working
at this precise instant, but it has been working OK, so hopefully the
problem will clear soon.)

There are still a lot of loose ends, but we are definitely making progress.
Thanks to Brian Barrett and Carl Daniel for all their efforts!

--Beman