From: Gary Powell (powellg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-19 11:20:59

Well in 20/20 hindsight some of these design choices become more obvious. LL
has (first as ET and Bind) has gone through at least 3 major revisions. Each
time we have been able to abstract out things we had thought needed to be
embedded in the library. Hence the effort to "boostify" I'm hoping will get
the next round of changes out. (Or not if we managed to do it.)

  Once you start down a path of design one tends to keep going until
reaching its logical end, its like having a new hammer, the world starts to
look like a bunch of nails. When in fact there are screws and bolts etc.
everywhere too.

  -Gary-