From: David A. Greene (greened_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-21 15:49:17

Asger Alstrup Nielsen wrote:
> I agree with Dave that it is premature to incorporate the current Lambda
> Library into Boost given the recent developments and discussions.

I agree with Dave and Asger on almost every point they've made. On
the other points, I simply don't have enough information to form
an opinion.

A month or two ago I would have voted for LL inclusion without a
thought. But after following Phoenix development on the Spirit
mailing list, I'm not so sure anymore.

I don't know whether my vote counts since I've really just been
watching things here, but I felt the need to speak my peace. I'm
afraid that by accepting LL, Boost will cut itself off from
accepting similar libraries like Phoenix. I'd absolutely hate
to have to do without Phoenix closures.

That said, LL is an incredible piece of work and the authors are
to be congratulated for breaking new ground in C++. Without LL
as an inspiration, projects like Phoenix would not be as far along
as they are now. We owe these guys lots.

                                    -Dave

--
"Some little people have music in them, but Fats, he was all music,
  and you know how big he was."  --  James P. Johnson