From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-22 11:11:53

Actually, I *want* to prevent using my<int> earlier in the translation
unit.

What worries me is ODR violations based on the fact that other TUs which
use my<T> will see a different version of disable (in a different
unnamed namespace). Suppose I instantiate my<long> in another TU?

Also, This technique relies on specializization to for the disabling
behavior. That won't work for me; it has to be based solely on the
instantiation of a template.

-Dave