From: Chuck Allison (cda_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-22 14:17:04

>From the point of view of a member of J16, I must say that Bill's comments
make a lot of sense to me. We need the flexibility he speaks of to stretch
and test the libraries before they're ready to be considered for
standardization. I realize there are other valid points of view (especially
for users of Boost in production code), but if I understand correctly, what
Bill describes is the very reason Boost exists. I think Boost is the single
best collective effort to help form the next version of standard C++.