From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-25 10:15:55

I've been thinking of a hybrid scheme for Boost.Python, which currently
uses Python scripts to generate readable, debuggable code. If I arrange
things right, it should be possible to use a single specification for
generated code which generates some number of fully-expanded and
formatted instances, then dumps a small PP metaprogram for higher
numbers of arguments. That way I'd be able to read tests, and still
provide people with a way to expand the maximum arity handled (and break
the ODR ;-)) at compile-time.

-Dave