From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-25 13:25:17

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carter Sanders" <carter_at_[hidden]>

> I downloaded the boost_jam rpms and did a make in a new directory
after doing a "make links" with gcc resolving to gcc3.02. The make test
passed with no problem. So as far as I know, my .so and my
libbboost_python.a are both compiled with gcc3.02. I have symlinked the
defs of gcc and g++ to achieve this. Do I need to symlink ld as well? I
am running 2.11.90.0.8.

I don't know which RPMs you're referring to, who built them, or with
what compiler. The only supported way to do this is to build
libboost_python.so using Boost.Build and your compiler.

> Also, is there a way to examine my libboost_python.a and confirm it
was built with gcc3?

I wouldn't know, sorry.

-Dave