From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-25 21:37:47

On Monday 25 March 2002 07:39 pm, you wrote:
> I've heard of, but never used Leor Zolman's STL Error Message Decryptor
>
> <http://www.bdsoft.com/tools/stlfilt.html>
>
> uses perl.

I'm proposing a compiler-supported library so that library designers can
create the error messages themselves (and not generate the ugly errors in the
first place). STLfilt works by cleaning up messy typenames (e.g., look at how
a compiler turns std::map<std::string, std::string> into an unreadable mess)
after the compiler has executed.

Simple summary: STLfilt works right now, and doesn't change the language but
what I'm proposing can help make much nicer error messages.

        Doug