From: Ragav Satish (Raghavendra.Satish_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-26 11:49:49

David Abrahams wrote:

> 3. I hope that someone with the energy and expertise to make LL work
> with vc6 will step up to the task. Unfortunately, it seems unlikely that
> the guy who did that for Phoenix will be all that interested, since he
> surely has a tool which serve his needs at this point.

The Phoenix port to msvc is still WIP (work in progress). I might be wrong but i
remember reading that porting LL to vc6 has been tried a couple of times and given
up on. Having said that if LL and phoenix are combined in any fashion the chances
of a successful port to vc6 will definitely increase. Anyways i'm halfway through
porting Phoenix and if their is sufficient interest i will definitely take a shot
at the next Phoenix && LL hybrid if there is one.

> 4. I would be really worried if by the time Spirit is submitted to boost
> we end up with bind, LL, and Phoenix, all separate. I would very much
> like to see a single solution in the long run and I hope that all
> parties will focus energy on making that happen. This looks like perhaps
> the most difficult of all the points.

Yes i can definitely see this as a problem. I hope it won't come to that , but i'd
rather have two than have none ;-).

--Cheers
--Ragav