From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-26 19:22:04

Carl wrote:
> > It seems to me that ultimately we'll want our own custom search engine
> for the Boost lists.

I'm a bit surprised that these lists aren't indexed by google since the Wiki is.
The googlebot is very smart, because most search bots won't traverse into
dynamic content like Wiki's for fear of getting trapped. Anyway, it may be that
you just have to submit the site or wait until the googlebot picks up the link
boost.org. It also might help to register for their free search service at
http://www.google.com/faq_freewebsearch.html. That might speed up the frequency
of indexing.

Dave wrote:
> Does anyone know where we can find such a thing?

If you want to just get on with it, take a look at WebGlimpse. Boost should
qualify for a free license. It has a very sophisticated regular expression
engine that can do fancy things like partial matches. I make no guarantees on
ease of setup....

http://www.webglimpse.net/

If you want to look around for other options, you can look at
http://www.searchtools.com/.

HTH,

Jeff