From: Emily Winch (Emily.Winch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-27 04:29:35

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Chuck Allison wrote:
> > You (and I) just top-posted :-).
>
> I don't think so :-) You message does not look like top-posted in my
> mailer, and in mailman's web interface.

I think there is confusion going on here between top-posting, as in
writing your message above the quoted previous message like this

"
I think so too

> Hubble Bubble
"

and top-posting, as in writing a new message instead of a reply, so that
threaded archives don't place the reply under the original in their list.
This is what I'm doing here, because I'm reading Boost with a web-based
pop thing with which posting is extremely painful, so I cut and paste into
an actual mail program. Sorry, and I'll try and stop doing that :) A
newsgroup interface would really help.

Emily.