From: Terence Wilson (tez_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-28 11:38:34

IMHO stopping spam by guarding your email address is a near impossible
task, it only needs to get out once and then it gets copied among the
bulk databases. I have had the same email address since 1994, the
spammers have it, but I don't get much spam because I block at the
server and client. If you don't want to go to the trouble of setting up
your own filters, I would advise using a yahoo or hotmail account and
let someone else filter for you. I would vote for trying a public Usenet
presence for a while, we can always go private if it doesn't work out.
Public Usenet makes it easier for casual users to find us. I originally
found Boost through a Google search while trying to find a better smart
pointer. I use the Google Usenet search engine on a daily basis, I would
be great if Boost related information suddenly starting popping up in my
hit lists.