From: Moore, Dave (dmoore_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-03-30 11:38:22

I think there is definitely an interest in making sure that any
Boost.Threads core classes or "add-ons" like the thread_pool I uploaded can
be ported to a variety of threading environments.

On a PC/workstation/server platform that I'm personally familiar with, any
hardware threading support is simply taken advantage of by the OS... I
don't have much experience in the embedded or RTOS fields where perhaps
hardware threads would be more directly exposed to the developer.

I would say that if you see something in Boost.Threads which doens't align
with the hardware thread platform you have in mind, then it would be
interesting to hear how you would extend/modify the existing classes to
accomodate the HW threads...

Dave