From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-03 20:09:56

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel de Guzman" <djowel_at_[hidden]>

> I wish for a pretty-formatting tool !!! I wish for one that can be
> configurable to format "boost-style". Is there such a thing that
> can grok modern C++ syntax?
>
> If not, that should be a doable (I think) challenge for Spirit: A C++
to C++
> converter. Anyone? JCAB?

I'm hoping that Spirit's backtracking abilities will enable it to parse
C++ without all the context. For example, it should be possible to parse
a header file without seeing all the header files it includes. This
would make a Spirit C++ parser the perfect (fast!) tool for
documentation generation, automatic Python wrapping, etc.

I'm going to do this some day, if nobody gets there first (however, I
/really/ hope somebody gets there first)!

-Dave