From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-07 15:57:42

Robert Ramey wrote:
> While adding refinements to the serialization library, I came upon the
> need to use remove_const from the type_traits library. From reading
> the documentation I concluded that I could not use this in the absence
> of partial specialization.

Type traits library offers some limited support for transformation traits
templates in absence of partial specialization. In particular, they _do_
work for all fundamental types out of box, and they can be made to work for
any user-defined type 'A' by writing this:

    BOOST_BROKEN_COMPILER_TYPE_TRAITS_SPECIALIZATION(A)

Please re-read the "Transformations Between Types" section in the docs
(http://www.boost.org/libs/type_traits/index.htm#transformations) - the text
after the reference table explicitly addresses this issue.

HTH,
Aleksey