From: Andrei Alexandrescu (andrewalex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-10 17:09:35

[snip]
> If I wouldn't have to code for a living, I wouldn't try to think in
> non-functional terms while writing template metacode; but I can afford
that
> luxury, so in the meantime I need a tool that allows me to do my job in
the
> context of my non-functional experience. Even if it means making a hole
with
> a pencil :-)
>
> I agree that we need to start mastering more suitable ways to use the
> template engine, but that's not the goal of a 'boost' library.

It's funny. I thought practicality is an important argument in loki
typelists' favor. Someone please paste loki length and mpl length (I don't
have them handy). My point is that loki's typelists are much easier to
explain, and much simpler for what it does.

Gee, I really didn't mean to start a war here. Again, all I said wasn't
meant personally. I'd love if I could take out my mpl example from my
original message. It completely masked the gist of what I was trying to say.
Everybody now is talking only about it, and only one person actually offered
help about porting loki to boost.

Andrei