From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-12 11:17:32

"Aleksey Gurtovoy" <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> > [...]
> > I understand that count_if is more general, so it is entirely acceptable
> > to pay a cost in ease of understanding for the benefit of generality.
> > The question is whether that generality is worth the price in
complexity.
> > To me it looks like it's not - the type processing needs I have are
> > satisfied by dot-lists and simple algorithms such as count_if above.
>
> Well, ours are not.

This seems to be Andrei's primary complaint: that MPL offers facilities
that people don't need, and these require complexity that he doesn't
want to pay for. Perhaps if you could describe some places where
a simpler typelist is not sufficient, you guys could come to some
agreement on whether the additional complexity is justified.

Dave