From: David A. Greene (greened_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-12 22:28:31

David Abrahams wrote:
> [...]

I know it's not iteration in the imperative sense (how could it be?),
but molding a template metaprogramming library into the STL concept
framework seems odd and unnatural to me. I'm not a functional
programmer, but I do understand recursion and its elegance.

Bottom line: I look at Aleksey's (?) implementation of count_if
and I look at Andrei's implementation. Guess which one is
easy to grasp.

Again, I probably haven't put in the effort required to fully
understand MPL (in fact I know I haven't). But then, how can I
when the documentation is lacking? This MPL2 branch seems to
have appeared out of nowhere (can someone provide that tag again?
I seem to have deleted the message that mentioned it). Before
yesterday I thought mpl_development was the current MPL branch.
It's kinda hard to keep up. :)

I do really want to see MPL in Boost. I'd just like to have
some input as to what kind of MPL we get.

                                 -Dave

--
"Some little people have music in them, but Fats, he was all music,
  and you know how big he was."  --  James P. Johnson