From: Emily Winch (emily_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-18 02:26:36

> I also don't by the argument that typelists are not the only useful
compile-time
> sequence. Given the tools for meta-programming that we have, all
other types of
> meta-data (besides types themselves) can be stored in a
'list-of-types'. That
> is part of the principle of your meta-function classes.

I think this is something that we simply don't know yet (OK, to remove
the generalisation: I don't know it yet). Containers that come
immediately to my mind as potentially useful are a tree, and an
associative container (for making named template parameters out of!).
It's possible that nobody would ever want to iterate over a tree, or
reuse the algorithms in MPL on a tree. It's possible that it's better to
make an associative container with a typelist of pairs of types.
Personally I'm not convinced of that, and even if it were to be the
case, I'm glad the MPL gives me the tools to find this out.

Emily.