From: Heiko Schilling (schillin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-17 02:35:37

Hello,

i'm using the bgl together with my own graph datastructure and
like to create my own vertex distance property map. Therefore i'm using
the put_get_helper defined in boost/property_map.hpp and here is the error
which comes up while compiling with

gnu g++ version 3.0.4 on sparc-sun-solaris2.8

boost/property_map.hpp:311: assignment of read-only location

boost/property_map.hpp: In function `Reference
   boost::get(const boost::put_get_helper<Reference, PropertyMap>&, const K&)
   [with PropertyMap = boost::olaf_vertex_distance_map, Reference = NodeID, K =
   Node*]':

and the line 311 in boost/property_map.hpp says:

static_cast<const PropertyMap&>(pa)[k] = v;

which i don't understand - why there ist a static cast to const and then a
assignment to that const map?

thanks for your help
cheers
heiko