From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-19 00:12:17

"Andrei Alexandrescu" <andrewalex_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> [...]
> I saw it in a couple of places in Boost, in the "detail" namespace. I
> think everybody would agree that Select is useful enough to be
> made a first-class citizen, and this would be a good occasion to
> do that. What header do you gusy think would be most appropriate?

<boost/mpl/select.hpp>? ;) It looks like there is already a select
construct from iterator_adaptors that I will use as well (maybe for
purity, I will have both implementations, controlled by a macro, for
compilers that can handle it...then, when compilers get up to speed,
we can just axe the hack code).

> > template <class P, template <class> ThreadingModel>
> > class ref_count_mt : public ThreadingModel<ref_count_mt>
>
> That is a bug in Loki. According to the spec of the Ownership policy,
> an implementation of that polisy must be a template of one argument.
> So the correct setup is:
> [...]

Sounds good. That probably solves that problem.

> [...]
> A nit - you changed the com_ref_counted to call val->add_ref() and
> val->release() instead of COM's consecrated val->AddRef() and
> val->Release(). I guess things would work slightly better if you left
> those two names unchanged :o).

Ahh...someone discovered that I don't know jack about COM. ;)
I suspected that I shouldn't mess with that, but I wasn't sure.

Dave