From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-21 17:02:38

I have (partly) followed the discussion about Jeff Garland's Date/Time
library,
and studied the documentation, but not used the code in anger.

I conclude that this looks a good stab at an exceedingly difficult problem.
A perfect solution appears well-nigh impossible.

Only extensive real-life application is likely to refine our knowledge of
pros and cons
so I definitely vote for acceptance into Boost library.

(After all an important idea of Boost is to be a test-bed for future
Standard
library items. Users testing alone will prevent premature standardisation.

Paul

Dr Paul A Bristow, hetp Chromatography
Prizet Farmhouse
Kendal, Cumbria