From: Mark Rodgers (mark.rodgers_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-22 14:02:02

I haven't had much of a chance to play with it yet, but my initial
reaction is that I don't think it is ready for acceptance. At the
very minimum, I'd expect to see some locale support rather than
the hard coded names in English I found in greg_month.cpp!

I also have reservations because it seems too large and complex
given how little it seems to deliver.

Finally, I'm not sure that I agree with the design premise, i.e.,
that the calendars should be part of the date type. It seems to
me that dates should be calendar-independent and the calendar
should only come into play for I/O and operations on the date.
If date is to be a template, I suggest that the template
parameter(s) should only be used to specify precision and range.

I'd really like to see some more discussion, and perhaps some
alternative proposals.

Mark