From: Maxim Shemanarev (mcseem_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-22 18:20:00

> I am very interested. I have been looking at GDI++ from Microsoft. But
> GDI++ does not support Windows 95.
> The only thing I need for now is antialiased lines with sub pixel
accuracy.
> How does the output quality of your library compare with GDI+ ?

Well, it's not very humble to discuss these things right here, but just some
brief answers. AGG does not have such primitives as lines. There're only
polygons. But don't think it's bad for drawing lines. It's fast and you can
draw lines of any subpixel thickness. Anti-Aliasing is very good. It
actually calculates the exact coverage value for the edge pixels and uses
256 levels of smoothing (besides, there a gamma correction mechanism is
present). I cannot compare AGG with GDI+ since I work on old NT-4 and don't
have .NET. But it's very interesting and I'd appreciate if you could tell me
about GDI+. My e-mail mcseem_at_[hidden]

Once again, the question: Is BOOST community interested in a lightweight and
high quality vector graphic library of common use?

McSeem
http://www.antigrain.com