From: Paul Mensonides (pmenso57_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-23 16:07:28

----- Original Message -----
From: "Giovanni Bajo" <giovannibajo_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 8:29 AM
Subject: Re: [boost] Re: Quick Question...

> > We already solved this one over there Andrei! Maybe you didn't see it.
> It
> > relies on the template 'type deduction' failing. I came up with an
> is_enum
> > because I didn't know that one existed here at Boost at the time.
>
> Is there a way to detect if TYPE::something exists and is an enumerated
> value, where TYPE is a template parameter? I thought of it for a while but I
> can't see a way to do it.
>
> Giovanni Bajo

Of course! What can't you do in C++? :)

Yes, it is possible, see my other post. However, I don't think it is possible
to have 'something' as a parameter.

Given that 'is_enum' is possible, and that 'has_key_something' is possible, you
can combine the two and make a 'has_key_something_that_is_an_enum'.

Paul Mensonides