From: Dale Peakall (dale.peakall_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-26 04:29:44

> A couple things came to mind after seeing this. I am using
> Solaris' ld , not gnu's ld. (Do I have to use gnu's ld?)
> Secondly, is the -fPIC flag being used in building the libraries?
> -fPIC for gcc (or corresponding position independent code
> flag for any other compiler) for building libs on Solaris are
> essential. Ommiting this flag would definately cause problems.

To see the actual command being invoked by jam add -d+2 to your
invocation.

The problems I've had with compiling boost in a similar environment
(although using gnu ld) is that the gcc-tools.jam file includes the
stlport include path using the -isystem flag. I've never managed
to get this working, and since using -I seems to work, I've not
worried about why.

        - Dale.