From: Alex Radeski (alexr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-04-28 21:34:57

>I am relatively new to this list and I was wondering if there has been any
>discussion of providing XML support in boost. If not, is there another
>cross platform C++ library for handling XML?

I think there is some merit in providing adapters to other XML parsers as part of boost.
Similar to the Java JAXP API which tries to provide a "standardised" vendor neutral XML
API. It would require a C++ SAX and DOM API as well as a few housekeeping classes to be
added to boost. This has the added advantage of allowing us to leverage existing
implementations such as xerces-c, expat and libxml(I think) as the back end.

Alex.