From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-01 03:15:12

"Phil Nash" <phil.nash.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> P.S. I guess I did need a little MI after all, huh? :(
>
> ... unless the MPL typelist stuff generates it (at this point in time I'm
> familiar with the concept of MPL but not the specific usage). When I
> mentioned typelists (indirectly) before I had in mind Andrei's
> GenLinearHierarchy implementation. I don't know if there is a direct
> equivalent in MPL (this is going to be a long weekend!)

see default_... implementation.

> Yup, you have nicely demonstrated the counter to Gennadiy's reservation
that
> the policies for a linear chain would need to be different from the same
> policies for a MI arrangement (unless I mistook your example in haste).

No. Polices used my chain mixer/builder/adaptor will always need one more
additional parameter (Base), while policies used by MI does not. That is why
you ended up with MI again in policies implementation. But even more serious
concern about chain-like implementation is that it is closing doors for any
offline implementation (unless again you would use MI and factor out
offline implementation in different impl class, but that defeat purpose of
chain). I think we should strive for design that does not limit policies
design.

> [)o
> IhIL..

Gennadiy.