From: Tim Hawes (Tim.Hawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-02 10:53:53

On Wed, 2002-05-01 at 18:30, David Abrahams wrote:

> > Anyhow, when I first compiled boost, I was defining STDHDR and STDLIB
> in
> > tools/build/gcc-stlport-tools.jam, instead of $(BOOST_ROOT)/Jamrules.
>
> Are you saying that you modified those files? You shouldn't do that. If
> you did, what gave you the idea to do so?
>
> There are no STDHDR or STDLIB variables which Boost.Build will take
> advantage of. It does use STDHDRS and STDLIBS, but you should not expect
> to effectively set those yourself.
>
> (at least) one of us is very confused.

I had modified the Jam files (The S.U.M. [Stupid User Mistake]: "How
else was I suppose to tell it where to find stlport w/o gnu configure
script?"). Anyway, I think I get the jist. What I needed was to add a
-sSTLPORT_ROOT=/usr/local/gcc/gcc-3.0.4/include/stlport to my jam
command, and leave the jam files alone, right?

Any rate I tried this for both 1.27.0 release and CVS and am getting the
same problems (regex/detail/instances.hpp:116: template-id error with
CVS version (just updated today) and the linking error with 1.27.0).