From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-02 16:19:47

----- Original Message -----
From: "William E. Kempf" <williamkempf_at_[hidden]>

> I fully agree that these are questions that need answered before a
solution
> can be made. There are probably several other questions as well. My
hope
> is that the folks who volunteer to work on this project will be domain
> experts that can answer these questions.

I hope you'll have better luck than I have had so far ;-)

> But other then pointing out that these questions need to be answered
(thanks
> for doing so), it's premature to try and start answering them just
yet.

Agreed.

> First we should find the necessary volunteers and establish the
"community"
> needed for coordinating this effort... then we can start to address
specific
> questions and needs.
>
> This post does illustrate something that I had hoped was obvious, but
that I
> may need to clarify, however. The efforts will need to incorporate
the
> goals and efforts of Boost.Build as well.

Fantastic.

> OK, let me make this a bit more of an official request. If anyone is
> interested in volunteering for this effort send me a private e-mail.
Once I
> have, let's say at least 5, committed volunteers I'll start the effort
of
> creating and coordinating the needed community.

I don't know whether you want to count me as a volunteer or not. I'm
willing to handle things from the Boost.Build end at some workable pace.
I don't think I can invest anything in other systems, except at the
integration boundary (e.g. if autotools builds Jam and calls it to build
boost).

-Dave