From: Noel Yap (yap_noel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-03 10:11:20

--- "William E. Kempf" <williamkempf_at_[hidden]>
wrote:
> > If we were to do this, we would need to synch the
> > releases of the packages with the release of
> Boost.
> > I'm not sure if it would be good to be limited in
> this
> > respect.
> >
> > I guess an alternative would be to have packages
> adopt
> > the boost release number (eg 1.27.0) and use a
> fourth
> > digit for bug-fix releases (eg 1.27.0.1).
>
> I'm not at all sure how you'd manage packaging
> anything other than Boost
> releases.

Yeah, I think it would be infeasible to have separate
major/minor release numbers for each of the packages.
Now that I think about it some more, unless we are
actually going to have bug fix releases, I see no
reason to go with separate release numbers.

Noel