From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-04 13:13:43

On Friday 03 May 2002 16:18, Joerg Walter wrote:
> If we use a scalar
> assignment operator, we could assume a matrix layout. It seems reasonable
> to assume a dense layout. The main point now is, that the proposed
> assignment operator is rather useless, if one assigns a non zero scalar to
> a sparse matrix assuming dense matrix layout.
>
> IOW I'd like to keep scalars, vectors and matrices separate ;-)
Thinking of it again, I agree with you.
I was looking at the BLAST specs to get some inspiration but found no similar
operation directly (of course you can get the same result doing m*= 0 but
this is doubtly the best way to do it).
On the other hand, as Kresimir pointed out, a clear() on a vector sets the
vector's size to zero whereas it sets all entries to 0 in a ublas matrix.

toon