From: Dietmar Kuehl (dietmar_kuehl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-04 20:20:53

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> On the contrary, my feeling is that at Curaçao, the committee's view on the
> issue made an important turn. They are seemingly very unwilling to accept a
> closed design, and see an open design as the only acceptable solution.

Well, I wouldn't be too optimistic though: First of all, there was no

general agreement, no votes, or things like this. There were general
feelings that certain ways to go are reasonable while others are not and
there was a general agreement that it is worth investigating certain
directions.

On point should, however, be noted: Some of the people who are very hard

to convince were not present for a variaty of reasons like not being in
Curacao, being in the evolution groups discussion, etc. The debate on
this reflector is child's game against what is awaiting a LWG debate
with those people in the room - and before any addition is made to the
SCL there will be a debate with these people in the room because they
are important enough for the community at large (I can immediately name
half a dozen people in this category who were not at this particular
discussion but I won't because naming them might be considered to be an
insult although I consider raising warranted objections to be a Good
Thing to avoid premature decisions).

--
<mailto:dietmar_kuehl_at_[hidden]> <http://www.dietmar-kuehl.de/>
Phaidros eaSE - Easy Software Engineering: <http://www.phaidros.com/>