From: David Abrahams (david.abrahams_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-09 14:14:52

----- Original Message -----
From: "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]>

> For those wanting to make changes that have to be applied to both the
> branch and the main trunk, see
> http://www.boost.org/more/release_procedures.htm

I just realize that we may need to amend these procedures. I've had
problems merging files back into the trunk when they are added initially on
a branch. It can be especially problematic if a second branch is created
before the trunk revision exists. Perhaps we should instruct people that
all files should initially be added on the main trunk, then branched, and
(if neccessary) removed from the trunk until they should appear there, at
which point the merge will take care of things.

Actually, we may need to say this elsewhere (do we have some general CVS
procedures anywhere?)

-Dave