From: Jens Maurer (Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2002-05-20 04:17:34

Lie-Quan Lee wrote:
> I add
> #define BOOST_NO_INCLASS_MEMBER_INITIALIZATION
> into boost/config/compiler/vacpp.hpp since Visualage C++ 5.0 needs it
> for BOOST_STATIC_CONSTANT to compile.

I'm very surprised that this is required for VA C++.

VisualAge C++ is the only compiler I know that actually
requires out-of-line definitions of "static const" data
members, even though probably initialized in-class.
This has detected bugs in boost previously. Please
remove the config flag again in your code base on a
temporary basis, and send me privately the errors the
compiler gives you so that we can fix the relevant
libraries.

Jens Maurer